- Laboratory Analyses
- Fecal occult blood screening test
- ThinPrep PAP Test
- STIB Screening
- Drug Screening and Alcoholhemia
- Screening for Bladder and Urethra Cancer
- IgE Respiratory Allergies
- IgE Food Allergies
- IgG Food Intolerance
IgE Food Allergies (Type 1 Allergy)
An exclusive specialty
Food allergies are becoming increasingly common.
Food allergies are exaggerated defensive reactions that occur following the ingestion of a food or food additive that the body perceives to be harmful.
Our highly effective method of analysis is the only one recognized by the USFDA.
For the pediatrics: It should be noted that we can perform testing for allergies from birth of the child.
Unlike food intolerance or food poisoning, food allergies involve reactions in the immune system. The body reacts very strongly to the allergen and triggers a cascade of defence mechanisms.
In recent years, various studies report an increase in the number of people with food allergies. Today, an estimated 3 to 10% of the population is affected and allergies among children are growing.
A food allergy is a Type I immediate hypersensitive reaction (Gell and Coombs classification of 4 hypersensitivity types). It is triggered by the ingestion of a food substance or the inhalation of an allergenic substance.
- Allergies Requisition
- Allergens List
- Allergens Book
- Cross reactivity between food allergens of plant origin
- ImmunoCAP® Severe allergic reaction to peanuts
- ImmunoCAP Immunoglobulin E
- IMMUNOCAP® ALLERGEN COMPONENTS Product list
- ImmunoCAP® Allergen components are clinical aids in: selecting and monitoring patients for SIT
- Relation to peanut symptoms and pollen sensitization
Contact us for an appointment. We have several Sample Collection Centres for your convenience.
You can download requisitions for analyses or allergy reports and make your request by e-mail, by fax or by phone. Our services are offered Canada-wide. Most results are available within 24 hours. You can use our safe, free Online Results service to quickly view your analyses results.
You must have a doctor’s prescription to use our private services.
Your private medical insurance can reimburse a minimum of 80% of your food allergy screening costs. Most allergy analyses results are available within five working days.